Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (57) Ten Book Related Problems I Have

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme was created and hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All you have to do is link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers. So Come and Join in the Fun!! :)


Top Ten Book (romance) Related Problems I Have (couldn't come up with ten)


1. Self Publishing-Now I still read books that are self published, but I just love publishing houses and they can work out kinks that authors themselves don't always see. Also I love using bookstores like Barnes and Noble and a couple others to get my books. And most of the time with self publishing I can't get access to it. (Not a fan of reading books on my phone). I like it when a book has been carefully and tastefully done. I have had some experiences with self published book that weren't positive, like basic grammar and spellchecking that can ruin a story for you.


2. E books vs. Paperback-I love the paper feel to book, the smells and the whole experience of reading a actual book. The look and touch is part of it, and E books have taken that away. Although there are things like open library, that at least give the look of paper books. And I do love reading E Books because they are easier to carry around especially when your traveling. But I do miss the time of Hardbacks and Paperbacks were the main source of reading.


3. Characters-Especially heroines, but I do see it in the heroes. I love a strong character, that feel human. One issue I have is the gorgeous males and females that are portrayed in books...but they seem so perfect and I just don't relate with that in any way. I am human with imperfections--although I do think I am fairly pretty, but I am not gorgeous with the hottest body ever. I love it when authors make the characters seem like real, the type of person you could be best friends with.


4. How Soft the stories seem--Now don't get me wrong, I do like a story  that is light and good feel to it. I am sometimes in the mood for that. But when I started reading fiction--especially romance, the stories I read were fun and flirty, but they were hard and angsty at times. I miss that especially in historical romance. So many authors center their books on regency romance, but I miss the variety of settings, and the way the love story wasn't easy. It took some difficult choices to make a relationship happen. It made it a much more satisfying read.


5. What Fifty Shades has to do mainstream fiction- I love those books, but they have started a trend that is becoming shown in mainstream fiction and romance. I like a book with plenty of steam and sexy feel to it. I love seeing a couple come together intimately. But the whole BDSM is something I really have to be in the mood for. And most of the time I am just looking for some fun vanilla. Call me old fashioned and what not, but I sometimes go into a mainstream romance novel, and they deal with chains and whips and belts....oh boy....not what I am looking for at all. If I want that stuff I know exactly where to find it. I know many would disagree with me, but this is my personal opinion.


6. Loss of Libraries and Bookstores-As with the evolution of E reading, we see that Bookstores and Libraries are going "out of style" This is sad for me.  One Of my favorite past times is to take a book to B&N or Borders, get a latte or a fruity iced tea, and sitting down with a good book. Coffee and Books are such a wonderful mix, and I hate that its slowly going away. I like the social atmosphere as well. I love supporting libraries, and they offer so much for us. A quiet place to read or study. A Place to access books without spending lots of money.


7. Copyright Problems--As many of you have noticed there is issues dealing with the publishing houses and online stores such as Amazon. I do hope soon we can establish a system that works for everyone, for both online book stores, and publishing houses. Where we don't deal with the whole lawsuits and courts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails